A Walk in Nature

One of the cool things about the area that we live in is the Brazos River which is just a quick walk from our place. Of course, living so close to the river was a little scary during Hurricane Harvey as we watched the waters rise and come so close to flooding our cute little apartment. Thankfully the city planners had enough foresight to build levees that protected us when so many people in Houston were flooded.

Bea and I spend time together doing things that she really loves. Discovering nature is one of her most favorite pastimes and so we have found the most amazing trails by the Brazos. Designed by some dedicated bike enthusiasts, the paths are meant for dirt bikes and weave for miles up and down the banks of the water. The trails have markers that direct riders to chose their routes. There are even makeshift platforms that keep bikers out of the mud in the low lying parts of the path.

We have found pleasure in the design as we look at plants and the remote sandy beaches along the way. Of course I am tormented with spouts of useless information from her as she now has my ear and I can't escape or quiet her. Actually,  it's quite fascinating that she knows about things of science and of course all things Disney. I must turn her on to following my friend Kaitlyn Killebrew's wonderful blog Kait in the Kingdom.

Anyway, we get up off the couch and go enjoy the beautiful Texas landscape. I am so grateful for this bright, charming, precious teenager to enjoy during this time of my life. At least for now she still wants to spend time with me so I am going to feel blessed!




Comments

What people are reading