I am a Texan!

    So I have been racking my brain to come up with a topic for my re-entry into the blogging world.  It has been on my to-do list for a couple of years and it seems that tonight is the night!  I was inspired by a challenge to write and do something artistic daily.  The call to action came from an email that I evidently subscribed to and have no idea how I got on this email list.

     I usually ignore email newsletters and let them remain unopened in my inbox. It would drive some of you crazy as the tally's of email in my inbox is an embarrassing number.  Anyway, I opened and read the email newsletter from Carla Sonheim and clicked on a link, and boom there was someone telling me to write and be artistic daily. So here it goes.

   Yes, I am living in Sugar Land, Texas.  For those of you who don't know: it's part of the Greater Houston area is just a little south of the city.  I am loving Houston, but then again I always loved living in a big city.  Sugar Land happens to have some of the best K-12 education in the country.  It also boasts about being one of the most diverse cities in the US.  Here are my top 5 things about living in Sugar Land.
        1. Diversity, Diversity, Diversity
    1. Easy to access Houston
    2. Stellar public schools
    3. Great museums
    4. Great Asian food
    Texans love Texas.  They are proud of all things Texas and everyone listens to country music and eats BBQ.  Barigit and I joke about needing to expose ourselves to more country music so we can fit in. Stay tuned for stories (hopefully amusing) as we learn to assimilate into our new culture.



Comments

What people are reading